Saturday, September 15, 2007

Draxian-Related Short Story

Over on Toaster Scimitar, we had an assignment last week to write a short fiction piece. As my contribution to the effort, I took a scene from Draxis (that no one has read yet) flipped the perspective to a minor character and had him relate the story from first person POV. He reveals this tale as just one tiny thread in the fabric of a much larger epic.

It was a lot of fun to write and a superb exercise for me. If you have any interest hop over and give it a read. Remember this is a raw draft (so you may need to be a tad forgiving). I wrote it on Sunday, posted it on Tuesday. If it was something I was going to market, it would have a grueling journey through the critique gauntlet ahead, but I think you might find it an entertaining read even "as is".

Look the post called "Short Fiction--Laurie", entitled The Recruit.
http://toasted-scimitar.blogspot.com/

Oh, and check out our Scavenger Hunt while you're there. We have amassed some great prizes for the winner. It will kick off within the next 24 hours. :)

No comments:

Draxis World Building