Saturday, September 01, 2007

Name That "Actor"

OK, I confess...

I hired an "actor" to play the part of Draxis on my blog. You can see this talented "personality" pictured at the upper right. I was very pleased to find such a perfect representation of the "character." Definitely had the look I was going for. ;)

Soooo, I'm gonna slip in a surprise contest. Very simple rules. They are:

Be the first to guess the name of the actual heavenly body that was hired to play "Draxis" by stating it in a comment on this post and win this fabulous prize (which sports a fitting phrase for either writers or readers, don't ya think?):





Alternate Universe
in progress
(mug)

from Cafe Press



Hint: If you're stumped, check out some of the reference links to space photos on my http://www.spacefreighters.blogspot.com/ blog to help you with your research.

7 comments:

Flick said...

My best guess is Mars?
Good looking guy though!!

Laurie said...

Oh, good guess, Flick, but no...it's not Mars.

Try again?

Tia Nevitt said...

Looks like Titan.

Laurie said...

ROFL Ya know, I thought that would be harder.

Congrats. Tia. Titan, it is. The Saturn moon that Kurt Vonnegut made famous in one of his second novel, The Sirens of Titan. And an intriguing and mysterious moon it is, much like my fictional planet of Draxis.

Tia, email me and let me know where to send your prize. And thanks for playing. :)

Flick said...

Well done tia!

Tia Nevitt said...

Sorry. I'm an astronomy buff. I knew when it wasn't a major planet that it had to be a moon of either Saturn or Jupiter.

Laurie said...

Oh, gosh, don't apologize. You were brilliant. I love looking at photos of the solar system and the universe myself. So much to see and learn about. In fact, I have another whole blog devoted to space type stuff. Have you seen it?

http://www.spacefreighters.blogspot.com

We seem to have a lot in common, Tia. :)

Be sure to send me your address.

Draxis World Building